Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another Step Forward

Moving forward with my internet experience...including a new wireless broadband connection [and I might add, 3G from time to time]...I will be opening a "store" on Zibbet soon.  This is a handmade site similar to Etsy, except the fee structure is different.  I have lots of handwoven items, tons of hand-spun yarns from my sheep and carded,dyed roving also from the sheep. This will be a totally different experience since I have only sold my items at fine arts and crafts shows.  Doing shows became NOT cost effective when the total fees and expenses of going to the shows were close to the total sales.  I believe my last show was a $500 fee plus travel and lodging costs.  That works fine if you have lots of inventory at a mid-range cost....$45.00 or less....When you are selling truly handmade items, made by one person...you are at a disadvantage.  Actually, I found many shows allowed mass produced items in your 'tent'...that really sent me over the edge.  OK....I'll be working on lots of pix and unpacking in the coming weeks.....hey...not to mention...trying to overcome the below zero and freezing temperatures, breaking ice from water buckets and "looking forward to the next snow"....Till then.......JR

PS...will have a link to ZIBBET as soon as I get my shop started

No comments:

Post a Comment