Thursday, February 17, 2011

Geese on the Move

At precisely 6:23 PM this evening, a small group of geese were heading north.  I was at the barn giving hay to the goats and the old horse.  It had just turned dark, that twilight kind of darkness....and I heard the distant honking....stopping to be sure...I noticed the old horse turned her head to the sky [since she's blind, her hearing is keen]...I knew it was that old familiar sound....the honking got louder...then passed overhead and on to the north...yes...Spring is certainly on its way.  The groundhog is a crap-shoot...the geese are always right.  I was talking to an old friend later and he mentioned hearing geese a few days ago on Pine Creek...so it's a sure thing.  Now....we'll wait for the killdeer birds to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment